Thursday, August 6, 2009

So Happy And So Right

It seems like everytime I have a desire to blog about something, I go to write a new post and I have no idea what I want to write anymore. None. I wonder why that is. Maybe I'm not creative enough. And, everytime I've posted something (all of two times, including this time) I think of the movie "You've Got Mail." But anyway, here I am at work, behind the counter in the gift shop of Seven Peaks, when I probably shouldn't even be writing this, but the gift shop is as clean as it can be (well I could probably vacuum, but I still have four hours ahead of me to do that) and the work is pretty slow. So as the wind blows the smell of frying burgers and seasoned fries through the door, and as I listen to people squeeling and screaming as they go down The Boomernag, I feel just fine about blogging. Good. And now I know what I want to write.

I'm getting married in 14 days. In a couple of hours it will be only 13 days. That's basically like, tomorrow, right? It feels like just yesterday we had 100 days to go and were thinking how far away it felt. But it's not far away at all now.

I'm so excited to marry Emily. Everything has worked out and is working out and I have the strongest feeling that everything will work out so well. I'm very thankful, and very happy.

Two days ago I was working the same shift that I am now in the gift shop during an exclusive party event, and it was SO slow and SO boring. I had nothing to do because my real computer was broken so I found a piece of scratch paper and wrote a random journal entry. I haven't written a single thing in my real journal since I moved to Provo. I remember exactly: sitting on my new bed (well, new to me) and opening up not new journal after I had mostly unpacked my not new things on the first day in my new (to me) apartment. It was actually just before I went to hang out with Emily I believe. It felt good writing in my journal then, and it felt good writing in my 'journal' on Tuesday. I mostly wrote about Emily. (She wants to read it, but hasn't yet. She'll love it.)

You know, I'm constantly thinking about how I should and need to write in my journal more often. It shouldn't be so hard if it feels so good, right? I'll do it. Be more like Emily.

I never really pictured myself getting married. I mean, I've always known that I will get married eventually, and I've always wanted to get married. I guess I just didn't it expect it come so fast. However, now that I am getting married, I'm so happy and it feels so right. I know that it's right. And it's real. This is what I need to do and what I'm meant to do. And I love it. I can't even picture myself going on without doing it. Obviously those feelings of not seeing myself getting married are from someone that doesn't want me to do what is making me so happy, and what is so right. Too bad. Because I'm going to. In 14 days (almost 13).

1 comment: